Ads 468x60px

February 21, 2011

The plan.

Oprah had a family on her show today. The family consisted of a mom, a dad and SIX 8-month-old babies. (See picture below.) She proceeded to give them a $250,000 gift certificate to Wal*Mart, tons of other baby/kid stuff and a dream honeymoon to Las Vegas- all expenses paid.



Over the past few years, I've noticed this trend. If you're willing and able to shoot up a bunch of fertility drugs and produce at least six babies at once, people LOVE to give you money, stuff and possibly even a TV show.

So while Leo was getting ready for our date night, I busted into the bedroom and announced my new plan... In another 5 years or so, we'll go ahead and get our hands on some of those fancy fertility drugs, and get pregnant with at least sextuplets. (6 seems to be the magic number to get all the free stuff.) And then we'll take some super cute pictures to showcase our clan. Oprah will be off the air by then- but I have a feeling she'll make a special exception just for us. And with inflation and everything- I'm sure we could get a cool million.

Leo's exact response to this was: "Absolutely not." Citing as a main reason that he didn't want to "carry around my stomach because I couldn't stand up straight on my own." He predicted the use of a donkey cart (Botswana style) or at least a small wagon to help transport my belly. But after I stopped laughing- I came up with a slight revision.

Instead of keeping all 6, we'd go ahead and give 3 to my dear friend, Amy. We'd still tell Oprah that we were raising all 6, so we could still get that million, but really we'd only have 3. Perfect! Leo is still saying no, but I got Amy on board. He'll come around eventually...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Fool. Proof. Plan.

Becky said...

I'll take one. Instead of getting the dog.

Angie said...

Maybe Oprah would give you a show on her own OWN network. :)

Amy said...

That's a super cute pic of that family...maybe you, Leo, and I can do something like that with our 6 shared children....that picture in itself would be worth mil

Post a Comment