Ads 468x60px

May 14, 2011

the thermostat.

Some co-workers and I got into a discussion this week. And it was sparked by a battle that is waged constantly on the floor-- involving the thermostats. I swear, throughout the 24 hours of the day, those thermostats flip from 50 to 90 and back to 50 at least 6 different times. There's no such thing as a middle ground. If it's too hot in a room, someone goes in and cranks it all the way to 50. And then when it gets to the boiling point after that, someone else comes along and puts it to the other extreme. No room is ever just "comfortable." You're either tempted to hang meat or start shedding layers...

And so we all got to talking about our thermostats and what they're set at in our houses. When I mentioned that Leo and I have had ours turned off since at least late February, there was a collective gasp. Everyone thought I had absolutely lost my mind- but I promise it's all good.

As long as there's no threat of actual ice forming inside the apartment... Or on the other end- as long as we won't physically turn into one big Rangira puddle in the middle of the night... we tend to rely on either blankets or fans. Right now, we have a fan in the living room and another in the bedroom. And they work wonders. And I'm seriously considering getting a tiny one for the bathroom. See- the only time I'm even tempted to turn on the air is when I've just stepped out of the shower and start using a hair dryer and flat iron. There are times during hair fixing that I think my face might actually melt off-- but luckily it hasn't happened yet. We save a heck of a lot of energy (yay planet Earth!) and our electricity bills are simply beautiful.

We understand there will come that point during the Texas summer when we are forced to flip the switch... but for now- the windows are open.  :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good to see we are not the only ones!

Post a Comment