Ads 468x60px

June 23, 2011

Clog Blog.

I am in need of new work shoes. My current ones are probably the best ones I've ever had- great support, wide base so it's really hard to roll an ankle AND they look awesome.


And even though I never put much stock in the theory that you should replace tennis shoes every 6 months, I'm now a believer. After wearing them for 9+ months, my feet are unhappy every single day.

My dilemma is this: my current ones are Brooks- a brand I knew nothing about until the bright green color caught my eye. And while I'm convinced they're the most glorious tennis shoes in the history of the world, they are still tennis shoes... which means I'll be needing yet another pair in another 6-8 months when they, too, wear out. I'm considering moving into the world of Dansko.

Most nurses I know absolutely swear by them, they come in any color or design you could dream of, because they're leather they'd be so much easier to clean (and keep the daily nastiness off my skin), AND they last for years... The problem? The heel. Their height and narrow width makes me cringe. I'm just picturing a catastrophe on the unit one day where I take a corner too quickly (or just walk in a straight line), roll the heck out of an ankle, and end up as a patient rather than a nurse. No bueno.

I'm torn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote new tennis shoes every 6-9 months. Just like I break all electronic equipment I come into contact with, you seem to easily break yourself....just sayin' :)

Sarah said...

I'm with Amy.

And I'd like to see more options of "color and design" before giving a final endorsement.

Angie said...

I am against the Dansko. This makes me extremely sad to say because I am Danish. Also I had heard many wonderful things about how supportive and awesome they are and surely as a teacher I would love them because doctors and nurses love them. My cousin who is a doctor actually recommended them because she loves hers. I bought them and I had some issues. First they are way heavier than they need to be. Second and this is the one you should pay attention to, I have rolled my ankle more then once. Not in a causing bodily injury way, but enough to make me look at them and ask, why do you disappoint me so? when I look in my closet. :( I hope you find the perfect shoe.

Post a Comment