Ads 468x60px

July 18, 2012

Domestic Bliss.

I found an awesome new recipe awhile back, and finally got around to trying it out today! I mean, c'mon... banana nutella muffins? Heck. Yes. So the orange wonder and I got down to business in the kitchen. It had been far too long since our last adventure together, and it was a happy reunion.


The recipe calls for a basic banana muffin, with a dollop of nutella mixed in on top. It says to use a toothpick to do the mixing, but since we don't have those in the house, I found that a chopstick worked just fine.


And they didn't have any hazelnuts at the grocery store, so I substituted walnuts. Still crunchy and delicious.


In a word: AH-MAZING. I can't wait for Leo to get home. He flips over pretty much anything involving bananas... And if he doesn't devour every last one of them, the excess will come with me to work tomorrow. Having to start a 12 hour shift at 5:30am is surely made better by muffins for all!

AND- since we had a jalapeno ripen up in the garden, I decided to do a mango salsa with dinner. I'm sharing a picture because I enjoy all the pretty colors.


I love days off work. :)

1 comment:

Keri RPCV said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! You're making me drool! This time around, French food has been disappointing and looking at your pictures makes me miss REAL baking/cooking!

Post a Comment