Ads 468x60px

August 19, 2013

And so, I sew.

Last week, I found myself with an entire night to my lonesome. I had nothing to study, didn't have to be in bed by a certain time, and Leo was out with the boys having a ball on the soccer field. (pun intended) So I got into some comfy PJ's and decided to get out my sewing machine!


And wouldn't you know-I successfully created something! I sew. I'm a sewer!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... my first ever sewing project:

 
It's a snack bag! Nowhere near perfect... but definitely functional.
 
It's no secret I have an intense hatred for Ziploc baggies- or any single-use plastic item for that matter. So we try to stick to glass and cloth as much as possible. And when I found this design a while back, I knew I needed about 20 of them. You can make any shape or size you need, but I decided to start out with one that would be a perfect size to hold my almonds. Because almonds are delicious.
 
I went with white thread, but my bobbin had already been loaded with black thread. And I decided it would be fun to mix things up a bit, and leave the black bobbin as it was... My not really remembering how to actually change out the bobbin also affected this decision.
 
 
And I did have one tiny snafu as I put the final touches in place...


But I was on the phone with Mom, and distracted, and not doing my best work. Obviously not my fault. And in the end, I did learn the invaluable lesson of how to rip out a bad stitch!

I've also decided that my favorite part of sewing is my little tomato pin cushion. How can you not love this thing?!


Not sure what project #2 will be, but I'm pretty darn proud of project #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment