Ads 468x60px

March 09, 2011

No Cilantro Left Behind

After a delicious taco night last week, Leo & I had some leftover cilantro in the fridge. And I'm not sure if it was my time in Africa- where cilantro is a TREAT- or my general non-wasting nature, but the thought of that cilantro going bad and being thrown out made me very, very sad. So I went in search of a new recipe. And since I'm so proud of what I came up with-- you get pictures.

First up- mango salsa. (The fact that any of this made it to the final dish and not straight to my belly during the prep process is a miracle.)


Next- marinating some Tilapia in olive oil, garlic, basil, parsley & lemon juice.


Grilling up said Tilapia on our ever-faithful George Foreman.



And the finished masterpiece! Grilled Tilapia on a bed of lime/cilantro rice, topped off with mango salsa.



Damn I'm good.

1 comment:

Dad said...

It looks like it was worth bragging about :)

Post a Comment