Ads 468x60px

December 17, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas...

For years, I've been trying to get my family to have a "greener" Christmas- and for years, I have failed. But I will never give up! (I think they secretly enjoy my tears...)

My biggest request: stop it with the wrapping paper! There is zero reason to go out and buy wrapping paper. Get creative! Use fabric, or newspaper, or old shopping bags. Or... in case of an emergency (a fancy wedding where fancy wrapping paper is a must)- get pretty 100% recycled paper. Trust me, it exists.
And then... if none of that does it for you, this year I discovered a new option--


SNACK BAGS!! See that little guy there in front? He's wrapped in a Quakes bag! And turned inside out, the shiny silver part makes for a lovely little homemade bow. (The larger ones are wrapped in old shopping bags.)

I'm all about Christmas spirit, but don't really see why all the "stuff" needs to come along with it. I found this awesome website that agrees... a great place to get some green holiday motiviation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Laura!!!!

Seems 90% of what we do (spend our hard earned money on) is because some marketing a$$#*!& used our insecurities and talked us into doing it and it only benefits them, not us.

your Unc' Brian

Post a Comment