Ads 468x60px

November 12, 2012

Squash- it's what's for dinner.

I discovered a new vegetable today- the Spaghetti Squash. How I've gone this long without knowing its deliciousness is beyond me... But we've been brought together now, and our dinner repertoire will never be the same.


I bought two, since I wasn't quite sure how much one football-sized squash would yield. But after almost slicing off a few fingers cutting it in half and then baking it for 40 minutes with some olive oil, salt and pepper, I was very happy I'd only done one.


Holy spaghetti squash, Batman! That is one very large plate, with an even larger pile of squash! Easily enough for four people, even considering how much my husband can put away. Sorry there aren't more prep pictures. I had no intention of blogging about this, but it just turned out so darn tasty, I couldn't resist. After sprucing up some plain sauce with fresh basil, mushrooms, black olives, bell pepper and garlic, I ended up with this:


That bowl is ginormous and makes it look smaller, but that's two cups of squash and about one cup of sauce in there. Holy crap it was delicious!! And filling. AND barely over 200 calories! I'm shocked at how good it was. Leo hasn't tried it yet, but I'm thinking I'll let him eat it and then tell him what it is. Prejudgement will only cloud the response from his taste buds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment