Ads 468x60px

July 12, 2011

Baylor, baby!

In case you missed the excitement on facebook, I got some rather large news last week-- I have been accepted into the Baylor Family Nurse Practitioner program! :-D




I applied way back in March, and was put on the waiting list. But I tried not to take it too personally because they take only 24 students a year and give priority to the full-timers. (I'm going part-time.) BUT I was #1 on the waiting list. So I prayed and prayed for several months that someone would either get knocked up or suddenly get transferred to Canada... and apparently it worked! I got the email on Tuesday, and I just so happened to be at work. So all of my colleagues got to "enjoy" my FREAKOUT. There was screaming, dancing, bursting into multiple musical numbers... it was awesome. Baylor was my absolute #1 choice, and I am so, SO excited to go! The more I learn about the program, the more positive I am that it was made specifically for me. It centers around international & missionary nursing. And there's a course somewhere close to the end of the program where I can go on a humanitarian trip (probably to Africa!) and get clinical credit!! Clinical credit for something I'd do for fun anyway?? Yes, please.

I am a bit nervous about a few changes-- namely the mountain of debt we'll be in by the end of it and the lack of free time throughout the program. But I have no doubt that Leo & I can handle it.

Not sure what'll come next in our "life plan"- but this is a pretty great 1st step!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, does this make me a Proud Mama Bear?!

Love, Mom

Post a Comment