Ads 468x60px

July 28, 2011

hp

I have been in need of a new laptop for years. Seriously. The only one I had ever bought was almost 6 years old by the time I left Botswana, and stayed behind with a local friend there. So I got to the States with the plan to buy a new one ASAP, but then got an excellent offer from Mom. She was no longer in need of her 5-yr-old laptop and was willing to send it my way. And since it worked, and saved me hundreds, I gladly accepted! And it's served me well for over a year now...

But with grad school on the horizon, and the fact that my current one would freeze up if more than 2 programs were opened at once... it was time to make a move.

So I've been shopping... and shopping... and shopping some more. I'm that kind of shopper that will research and know everything about every little option before deciding on one. Plus, the idea of putting that big of a dent in our checking account makes me continually think along the lines of- do I reeeally need this??  But luckily, Leo stepped in while we were in California and gave me a deadline. Basically, he made the deal with me that if I hadn't bought something by this Tuesday, he was going out Wednesday and buying the first thing he found. I'm guessing he was getting sick of the "What do you think of this one??" questions.

So on Tuesday-- I went and invited this little guy into our family.



 
Awww... cute, right??  His name is hp.  (and that doesn't stand for Harry Potter.)

I tried to get the sales lady to sweeten the deal with a free external hard drive, or backpack, or wireless mouse, or something-- but no luck. I guess my market-developed negotiating skills have gotten rusty...

Slowly but surely, I'm copying, and backing up, and bringing files over from old to new. And so far, I'm really liking all the new bells & whistles. I guess it was time to upgrade from Windows XP, right?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment