Ads 468x60px

January 31, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again!

Well folks, it's official: I'll be headed down to Nicaragua this summer! For a week in June, I'll be volunteering at a clinic in the southern part of the country... and I am PSYCHED!




See that giant (and apparently quite beautiful) lake at the bottom of the country? Just to the left of it is where I'll be!
I'm going with FIMRC (Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children). They have sites all over the world that operate year-round and specialize in pediatrics. (A refreshing change from my full-grown patients at work!) It sounds like I'll be doing clinic work, outreach into the villages and lots of general health education.
Unfortunately, Leo won't be able to accompany me on this one. He'll be much too busy studying, teaching and keeping the Keebs in line... but one of these days!
And as an added bonus- on the way back north, I'll be stopping in El Salvador to visit my dear friend, Carolyn. She lives and works there and I will able to meet up with her for a few days of Central American exploration!
I honestly don't know how to explain how excited I am about this! I've been itching for quite awhile now to get back out there... and this opportunity dropped right into my lap! One of my absolute favorite things in the world is experiencing new and exciting places while trying to do some good along the way. I can't envision a day when that will ever change.

3 comments:

Aunt Janet said...

How exciting!! How long will you be gone??

Carolyn said...

YAY!!! I'm SUPER excited to have you down in my neck of the woods! :)

Anonymous said...

You're a superhero in disguise.
E.

Post a Comment