Ads 468x60px

January 12, 2012

A bit skewed, in my opinion.


In the last week, a video has popped up on the internet:


And I have a few opinions to share on the matter-- I personally jumped off that bridge back in 2009 and it was one of the coolest, most thrilling experiences of my life so far.


Aaaaaamazing.


They have about 50,000 jumps a year and have been in operation for over 10 years. So far, the cord has broken ONCE. And as for the "croc-infested river" below? Ha! Yes, there are probably a few crocodiles, but that's a crazy fast moving river underneath one of the most gigantic waterfalls in the world! I doubt it's a hot spot for crocodiles to hang out. They prefer quiet water where they can be lazy in peace. And the commotion of her and her long, bulky bungee cord hitting the water would've scared them all off anyway!

What's the rate of car accidents in the United States nowadays? 1 in 70? 1 in 100? Different organizations give different numbers... But either way- it's WAY higher than any bungee jump in Africa. A bungee jump that is optional. (Kinda like driving a car...)

I would jump again tomorrow given the chance. Life's too short to sit around being bored.


ps- I can no longer say I returned from the Peace Corps "last year." And that makes me sad. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment