Ads 468x60px

August 28, 2012

Thankful.

Several friends and acquaintances have made amazing immigration progress this week. Visas were issued, permanent green cards are on their way... it's been great to keep up with all of it! And as I watch it all unfold, I can't help but be completely and utterly THANKFUL for all that I have.

Leo and I started our immigration journey two and a half years ago. We were on opposite continents when he was given his US Visa, and it's exhausting just to think about those emotions, fears and sleepless nights we both went through. We still have a long way to go until he gets his citizenship, but now that we're married and under the same roof, the rest just seems like fluff.


His two-year American anniversary isn't until October 11th, but I just couldn't help but post this now.

As of today, we are both back in school for the semester, and already sprinting to keep up with the assignments... We've tried to implement a rule of having a date night (textbook and work free!) at least once a month, but we'll see how that goes. We may have to settle for a free hour instead of an entire date. Yes, it's hectic and downright infuriating at times, but I know how blessed I am and how happy I am to have him by my side through all of it.




2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Awww yay! How time flies!

Carolyn said...

That's SUPER! I hope that more positive visa trends continue!!! :)

Post a Comment