Ads 468x60px

January 21, 2011

The Keebs

Leo & I live with the funniest cat on the planet. 


His name is Keebler. (Or- more officially "Sir Keebler Stubbs.")

I'm not a cat person. I've never especially liked them... so I have no idea what compelled me to go looking for this little guy in 2004. But I did. And I found an ad in a local northwest Arkansas newspaper advertising "Munchkin Kittens." Having no idea what that meant- I immediately googled them, and found out that they are some of the most interesting looking felines you'll ever come across.

(That's not Keebler, but it's definitely one of his distant cousins.) Munchkin cats have the same genetic mutation that causes dwarfism in humans. So they're a completely normal cat, but with tiny little legs. "Weiner cats"- if you will.

It was a perfect match from the very beginning.  


"I didn't do it."


Rarrr!

And not only is he funny looking, but Keebs is just plain 'ole funny. He cracks us up on a daily basis. Whether he's chasing bottle caps across the floor for hours (yes- HOURS) on end, attempting to jump on the bed and missing completely, or attacking and tipping over household plants... He's hysterical. As a kitten, he used to just love climbing all the way to the top of the kitchen cabinets. ...which was especially ironic since one of the selling points of these cats is that they "can't jump as high as a normal cat." I'd like to talk to the guy who came up with that little scenario. Because it is UNTRUE.



He loves the bathtub. (except for that one time that Tom turned on the shower...)




And once took a nap in a smirnoff box. (I snapped this picture right as he was fleeing the scene.)


He's never been accused of being modest.


And is proud of all things Munchkin!


After the recent failure to successfully jump on the bed, Leo has started up a kitty exercise program. And mostly, it involves Leo trying to get him to exercise and Keebler backed up into a wall trying to bite Leo every chance he gets.. but I think they're making progress.


Happy 7th Birthday, Keebalicious!  Here's to many more highly entertaining years together!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your cat! Long live the Keebs!
Love, Keri

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Happy bithday Keebler!

Anonymous said...

keebs is so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

i love the pic of keebs where it says rarrr.

Post a Comment