Ads 468x60px

January 18, 2011

Mr. & Mrs.

The wedding pictures are officially finished!!  And while I've been trying to write a blog for DAYS to show you a few of our favorites, my dear sweet husband has been dabbling in internet downloads & has managed to seriously screw up our internet connection since Friday. So blogging has been delayed a bit. But I've since reset our modem a few times and it seems to be recovering just fine...

So let's do this.

From the second Leo popped the question, we knew we wanted a small wedding. And so when I made it to Dallas back in September, I started looking around for the perfect venue. And in October- I stumbled upon Sambuca. It was exactly what we wanted!



Gorgeous all on its own- so we had almost nothing to decorate, amazing food, great drinks, and had the perfect sized areas for our ceremony AND reception. Exactly what we needed.

And then came December 12th- the big day!

A good friend from work, Ed, did my hair and my sister, Becky, did my make-up for me. They both did a fantastic job!





And Leo getting ready... He calls this one his "Obama Picture."  :)



And then the moment we'd all been waiting for! I took Dad's arm, and headed down the aisle.


My first glimpse of Leo.

The ceremony was exactly what we wanted. Short, sweet and to the point... laid back... and BEAUTIFUL. 



We did it!

While the guests headed to the bar for a few minutes, Leo & I got to take some pictures of just the two of us.


Our favorite of the whole night.

If you look closely, you can see that Leo is striking his "GQ pose" and I'm trying to figure out why... He kept trying to turn this part of the night into a modeling session, and it was pretty much the cutest thing ever.






Next Up-- the Reception! And the cake!

That cake was just as delicious as it looked... It was Italian Cream, and was absolutely the quickest and easiest wedding decision we made. Sooooooo tasty!

And our favors. Cookie cutters to remind everyone of where it all started.

Throughout the ceremony and reception, we had this single white rose front and center. --to remember all of our family members who have been lost over the years.

A group shot of the family.

Unfortunately I can't post all of them, but there are so many other wonderful pictures that can be seen HERE. Betsy Stratton with Bella Novella Photography is responsible for all of them!

We just passed the first month mark, and things are going great! If I can keep him from breaking the internet, it should be smooth sailing from here.


1 comment:

Ashley Gisch said...

Wow - a month already! Time does fly...but in a good way I'm sure. :)
~Ashley~

Post a Comment