Ads 468x60px

August 25, 2011

And so it begins.

This week was my first week of grad school! And I think my obligatory first day of school pic (requested by my Mother) shows exactly how I felt about it...




We had new student orientation on Tuesday, and after meeting some of my classmates, I was even more excited than before. I've never been among so many people who are so much LIKE ME. Several have been on trips all over the world, and most have a passion to get more involved in it in the future. Yes, the Peace Corps was filled with lots of wanderlusters, and that was fantastic, but there's just something about being among medically-minded people who also love to travel and do good. I think we're all going to get along just fine.

And... I'm already driving to and from campus with NO gps assistance! I can hardly believe it myself. Now, I must admit I did get lost a shameful amount of times on Tuesday, but by Wednesday I was a pro.

One of my classes this semester is "Healthcare & Missions." I don't think I've ever been so excited about a class in my life! As I read through the syllabus, I can already tell there will be an internal struggle. I'll most likely want to leave class each day and board a plane immediately to go to the places & cultures discussed. But you never know... once that diploma is in hand, maybe we can do just that!

I am still a bit nervous about all the juggling that will be necessary over these next few years... School, marriage, work, Keebler. But I honestly could not have a better husband on my side through this. He's a keeper.  :)

1 week down... MANY more to go!






No comments:

Post a Comment