Ads 468x60px

August 30, 2011

Bad picture. Great gym.

Part of my massive tuition payment this semester went toward a membership at the Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center. And while I had never been before, several people I had asked said it was pretty top notch. So I decided to go today and check it out.

Even as I walked in the doors, I was impressed. Talk about fancy! And I felt out of place. In my t-shirt, no make-up, hair in a pony tail and backpack slung over my shoulder... (No need to dress up for studying!) And while my attire wouldn't have been so bad any other day, what I didn't know was that they had to take a picture for my membership card. Um... yeah. I now have the saddest looking fitness center ID in probably the whole Baylor system. Fail.

BUT! The gym is seriously amazing. The locker room is filled with polished wooden lockers, vanities (fully outfitted with hair dryers, make-up mirrors, cotton balls, q-tips, hair spray, etc), leather benches, a full-on lounge area with leather couches and a TV constantly set to Food TV... It's incredible. And that's just the LOCKER ROOM. While I didn't snap any photos inside because I didn't want to draw any more attention to my disheveled self... I did find these stock photos on the internet.




They have every class you could imagine, and that's definitely what I'm most excited about. Although I'm sure I'll be the girl in the back of the room making up my own Zumba moves...

I know my stress level will only rise from here on out, and exercising is going to help put a dent in it. And I paid for it... might as well use it!

1 comment:

Post a Comment