Ads 468x60px

August 17, 2011

Excess rewards.



I had lunch at Panera the other day... and boy to do those people love their Panera cards. The guy at the counter asked no less than 3 times if I wanted one, and then acted as if I were a crazy person for saying no.

I've been noticing this trend lately. Every company who is anything special (or at least thinks they're special) now offers either a rewards card or a credit card or something of that nature. And then they commend their employees for bombarding you with offers to sign up for said cards. Frankly, it's annoying.

Not only do I not want to carry around your card in my wallet (after taking the time to go online and "activate" it), I also don't want to spend the extra money that will go along with buying or consuming the stuff I wouldn't have thought to buy before you sent me your coupons & discounts. Just because I can get it cheaper doesn't mean I actually need it. 

So, Mr. man behind the counter at Panera-- while I'm in love with literally everything on your menu, if you continue to ask if I'm interested in special offers, I will jump over the counter and flog you.



No comments:

Post a Comment